Need a Beagle speedo cable

Started by navygas, 18 Dec, 2021, 00:30

Previous topic - Next topic

navygas


Dean Southall

Not required.
Beagle will never excede a speed limit,
;)
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

DAVE BRADY

Hi,

I think the speedo is needed so the rider does not think they are stationary and get off at 15mph.
Venhill seem to stock a huge range of speedo cables so may have one that will fit otherwise they may be able to make one.

Dave.


Dean Southall

The Beagle cable is a lot thinner than a standard speedo cable.
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

Spaceman

I've just looked at my Beagle speedo cable and it is more or less the same diameter as a normal clutch or brake cable. The squared ends on the inner are also very small in width. Sometimes NOS cables can be had but, since the Beagle was only made for 1 year, the original spares volume was probably never that big and very little is likely to remain.

The best I can suggest, if a secondhand one can't be found on eBay, is to look to see if any mopeds of that era used a similar sized speedo cable.

Spaceman

For reference, the squared end on the inner is ~1.8 mm which seems to be similar to other moped speedo cables I've  seen.