New Member with an A65 project

Started by Ibby4585, 01 Feb, 2019, 13:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Ibby4585

I don't have a Speedo drive. I just have  a larger spacer on the right.

ChrisG

Sorry, mine is 1970 and they did make a few changes between 65 and 70 so  what I said maybe in red herring territory. Another trick would be to see if the g/box and rearwheel sprocket faces line up using a straight edge or piece of string across the two. If they do, then the drum is in the correct position. If not, try with the spacer out maybe?
Chris

Ibby4585

Will keep trying Chris , thanks again.

JulianS

Parts book shows no spacer between brake plate and swinging arm, the strap from spindle to brake cam spindle should slide to position on the spindle housing.

Is that a spacer I can see on the spindle housing between the strap and brake plate? If I am seeing right that spacer is not correct and needs to come off there should only be the return spring and the oil hole cover there.

Below is a cross section from 1962-1965 workshop manual.

Ibby4585

#19
Hi.

With your help I've figured out what spacers, oil clip etc I need to sort out the left side out. Once those bits are here i can figure out if the wheel will centre under the rear subframe, better than it did before.



Thanks again.
Kris