A65 Alternator Shroud

Started by Mike Farmer, 11 Nov, 2018, 15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Farmer

 :)
Hi all.

Any idea what year BSA started to put the alternator shroud/cover on the A50/A65.
I'm doing two engines.1963/4 which I know didn't have and a later one of indeterminate (at moment) age.

My thoughts are that it was about 65/66. I am missing the shroud and wondering about putting it together in the same way as the early one.


Mike 8) 8) 8)

DerekAnderson8

I had same issue with rebuild recently, i used the early mounting hex rods on later crankcases.

the only issue i had was that the studs were slightly too long and ended up locking the crankshaft up  :o

After i spaced them out they were fine, not exactly text book but works fine.

;)

derek

Mike Farmer

 :)

I was hoping that would work. Where did you obtain the early rods because I actually need a set of those as well.

Mike 8) 8)

DerekAnderson8

Hi Mike,

They came off my other engine, i had a look and dont have any other ones.

I am probably like you and have lots of the same things i dont need, and none of the bits i do!

Ebay  ;)

cheers