Jetting advice

Started by CROFTY1984, 21 Sep, 2018, 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

CROFTY1984

Hello, I'm looking at buying some new carbs for my A65 lightning.
It's a 1971 (PE engine code) and when it left the factory it had an airbox.
I've put pancake filters on it so it's more like an earlier model now.
Looking at the Amal Carb website they have:

1971-2
200 main jet
105 needle jet

1969-70
180 main jet
106 needle jet

Which am I better off going for? If it helps, I things she tends to the rich so I'm leaning towards the 69/70 settings?
Thanks,
Dan

A10 JWO

Tend to agree, you can always adjust the needle if need be. Those Premier carbs look great with their write ups. Hitchcocks do good deals on those. Keep us updated.

Caulky

My '71 spares book gives 180, 106, for 930 carbs.
But, this was written back in 19??
Today's fuel is a lot different now, and the set-up may need to be adjusted. (needle clip position, etc)