Bsa A7

Started by MCNA0055, 16 Sep, 2018, 15:25

Previous topic - Next topic

MCNA0055

Hi can anyone help, I've sorted the gear box problem out but I now have a problem with the carbs, the bike will run with the choke on but as soon as you take it off the bike cuts out straight away. Thus makes it hard to start the bike and due to it running with the choke on everything is getting coked up. Any help on how to fix this is appreciated. Thanks

A10 JWO

Primary circuit full of crud. Strip the carb and buy an aerosol carb cleaner. Amal have a useful website and there are videos on youtube. Very common problem, did mine this week. Do the whole carb. Good luck.

MCNA0055

Thanks for the info I checked the carbs and the left hand one was blocked, cleaned it out and it runs perfect