Installing oil Filter on A10 Any advice

Started by Marka10, 31 Jul, 2018, 10:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Marka10

Hi

I am wanting to install a cartridge type oil filter on my A10, any advice on where to put it. I am thinking of locating it between  the gear box and the rear wheel in the gap above the centre stand.

cheers

mark 

Marka10

See photo of filter fitted behind gear box seems to work well, shot pipe work to Oil tank and engine.

bikerbob

I fitted mine in the tool box

Marka10

Hi Biker Bob,

Did you put it in the return line and what hoses did you use?

Marka10

Bob

what oil flow checks did you do after install?

Cheers
Mark

STAR TWIN

I fitted one and after many thousands of miles one of the oil lines slipped off the filter housing. Be very careful. I ditched the filter and reverted to the standard setup and just change the oil a bit more often.