A65 OIF Centre Stand

Started by A10 JWO, 18 Jul, 2018, 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

A10 JWO

Last year, possibly this year I mentioned that my stand seemed to lift my bike very high, over 3" off the ground on either wheel of your choice. Good for maintenance, yes. Try to get it on the stand at my age, no !. The bike has standard rims and new Dunlops, new standard stanchions and the stand came with the bike. Someone on here I think mentioned that around that time BSA made a stand 1" longer for about a year the reverted to normal size. Dragonfly only list one stand size ? I cannot find the original thread on this site. Can anyone help with history or part numbers, thanks.


JulianS

There is a parts bulletin from December 1971 showing a change of centre stand, unfortunately it gives the wrong number for the new stand.

It could be the same as used on the later OIF Triumphs, 83 4615 or 83 4941. Worth taking on the phone to some of the more established dealers.

JulianS

From Triumph service sheets, when that frame was lowered stand 2627 was replaced by stand 4615.

A10 JWO

Thanks Lads, I thought I would cope, but I had to get my 22 year old son to help me put it on the stand. Lucky I have a good side-stand. Julian which part number do you think is the shorter stand please. Regards Colin.

JulianS

Honestly dont know. 4615 was replaced by 4941, again Triumph.