How not to B33!

Started by Dan_B33, 17 Oct, 2023, 18:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_B33

Hello Neil,
Indeed you help me not to loose hope.
Yes is have seen the Barleycorn the only reasonable price..
If I could reduce costs by getting cheaper one from you that would be great.
I have the split collet. What I mis is front spindle clamp bolt and bottom fork screws to fix the fender. i will take any rusty bolts and nuts which are 26tpi and might be of some use in BSA (this are Impossible to get in Poland).
....please let me know via privat message how we could arrange?
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Rog1

I've used this UK company for 26 tpi nuts and bolts for my '53 BSA:

http://www.nookysnuts.com/index.html

They say that overseas customers should email for a postage price. The nuts and bolts are good quality.

iansoady

Another vote for Nooky although I'd be cautious about using them in any critical position.
Ian.
1964 Norton Electra
1969 BSA / Suzuki DZR400 / Steib S501
2016 Herald Classic 250

Dan_B33

Hello,
Many thanks for the link Rog!
This shall help me buying bag of lots and nuts mix shall be some solution for time being.
Turns out bolts holding my front fender/mudguard were metric or not the size. Since I've bought second hand  sliders from Uk I have no bolts to fit fender.

Anyway all parts will come as a big package from my beloved bro.
I bet his is even more fed up wit that project than me.

Anyway thanks a lot....
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Dan_B33

Hello, some good news today.
Faked agreed to take faulty braz bush and today my brother received replacement.
Neil made early Christmas gift and is sending me few bits as well to help with restoring/building front forks.

Will be off the garage for one week which shall give me some distance

Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Dan_B33

Drama!
Off for a vacation. And we have flood situation in Poland.
I hope my father in law can take BSA to the first floor of my house.
There's high risk that in two days whole village will be floating...
...not much I can do about it even if I decide to fly back
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

neil1964


Dan_B33

He managed to take BSA from garage to the living room.
Around half a meter higher.
My beloved daughter feeling sorry for the bike wrapped engine with stretch....won't help much but how lovely.
So guys keep your fingers crossed 🤞 so the water stays in the river.
By Friday I shall know how it all ended.
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Dan_B33

Wrapped like a candy 🍭
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Kernowpete2

Best of luck - what a stressful situation. I sincerely hope it works out ok for you and your family.

Dan_B33

Many thanks for the support!
We are safe, kids are safe no life thereat. This is most important.
Deep inside of me have a feeling that all that stuff was taken upstairs in vain.
I have already made planes to go for Oldtimerbazzar in Wrocław on Sunday.
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Dan_B33

Hi,
Friday it is! Embankments hold the water.
The pick of the wave is behind us. Water have no chance to get in on top of the embankments anymore.
Too early to unwrap the "candy" and bring the stuff downstairs.
The wave is high and very long. It will take around 2 days more before water level starts dropping.

Village is not accesible because smaller river flooded access roads. That shall change in one to two days. Rather normal in this situation aand brings no thread.

All signs indicate this B33 project will pick-up from where I have left.

Will let you know when the wave is gone

Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Dan_B33

And this is the wave currently in numbers
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Dan_B33

Hello,
I'm back home since Saturday.
We are safe! Water still high but risk of flooding is not that big.
Water level is gradually dropping.
BSA is bac to the workshop.
Thanks for supporting!
Not an expert! But made it with help of this forum

Kernowpete2