A65 OIF Chainguard ?

Started by A10 JWO, 24 Jan, 2019, 11:55

Previous topic - Next topic

A10 JWO

I have seen a new chrome chain guard advertised for an OIF T140 and the seller states it will fit the A65 OIF. The Triumph part number is 83-9000, the BSA part number is 83-2640. Does anyone know if these are compatible. Thank you.

A10 JWO

Got a reply from USA, apparently they fit either, thanks for looking.

A10 JWO

Got the new one overnight, great quality; the old one went on ebay this afternoon.

Ibby4585

Hi. So are they the same guard?

Thanks
Kris

Servodyne

The T140 guard is shorter at the front. If you fit one to an A65 there will be a gap and the chain will be visible.

A10 JWO

Agreed it is about 2" short and some of the chain is visible. However it looks much better in chrome than black. I am not a purist so I am pleased.

ChrisG

I had a chrome one on my A65. This had the gap as described and I never knew why. I do now! Thanks
Chris

A10 JWO

At least I can now see if anyone has stolen my new chain, happy days  8)