A65 Sludge Trap

Started by Mike Farmer, 11 Oct, 2018, 15:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Farmer

 :) :)

It is several (Many) moons since I did a sludge trap and cant remember exactly what to do when putting the end plugs back in. My plugs screw in several threads below the crank web face. I thought that I remembered them coming up tight almost level with the face.
So am I right in assuming that I refit them to the point flush with web face and then spike them into place.

Confused .com

Mike 8) 8) 8)

A10 JWO

Section B44 states loctite or end plug secured with centre punch to the thread. Hope this helps.

JulianS

The plug at the plain bearing end should really be screwed in only until flush with crank web to avoid blocking the big end feed from the plain journal.

Mike Farmer

 :)

Thanks to you both. That's where I thought I should be, but Tooooooooooo expensive to get it wrong.

Mike 8) 8) 8)

A10 JWO

Mike, I bought a new sludge trap from Kidderminster M/C's, not too much money.