1958 A7SS - Twin Exhaust Pipe Conversion?

Started by gjmunro, 28 Dec, 2018, 08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

gjmunro

Hi all.  Need your advice please.  I have recently acquired a 1958 A7 Shooting Star which runs really well.  It currently has the Syamese header pipes in to a single silencer but I really fancy converting this to a twin exhaust system (which I understand was an option).  Has anyone got any experience of doing this conversion and have any advice?  Thanks.  Gordon

bikerbob

#1
When your bike left the factory it would have been fitted with twin exhausts. There is not any problem going back to that system but be aware that 1958 was the year that they changed the design of the  silencers and pipes so make sure you buy the correct ones for your model are you sure your bike is a 1958 model. Also I would buy them as a set because if you buy the exhausts from one supplier and the silencers from another if they get them mixed up the different years are not interchangable.

gjmunro


A10 JWO

Have a chat with Armours, they make their own. I got a full set from them, fitted nice.

gjmunro

Cheers everyone.  Bought a nice twin set up from Armours!