Rear mudguard fitment

Started by ThomasB, 11 Jul, 2018, 00:56

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasB

First time poster, here.

I am fitting a new rear mudguard to a 1969 A65, and am without the benefit of the old mudguard.  The new piece is without mounting holes, which I will have to drill.

The problem is that there is no datum point from which the mudguard is positioned.  Logically, the forward-most bolt would make the most sense to use.  Any advice is welcome, but I think what is needed most is a measurement of the distance from the front bottom edge of the mudguard to to bolt.

Thank you helping.

Th.B. Nast
Seattle

A10 JWO

The front is most important down by the swinging arm. Mine is 15 cm from the swinging arm on the stand. I just worked backwards from there. Mine was new and pre-drilled but most rear holes did not line up. Measure 3 times, drill once. Regards Colin.

ThomasB

Thank you, Colin.  Gives me something to work with.

Th.B. Nast
Seattle

A10 JWO

I used lots of masking tape on mine to protect the chrome. Easy to mark and drill. Get the top joined second and stand behind the bike to make sure it is not out of line. Also make sure it does not fail the front of the chain guard. By the way welcome to our forum  8)