BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

Events => National, Branch and Group Events => Topic started by: Ted_Flash on 06 Aug, 2020, 11:12

Title: Millennium Run
Post by: Ted_Flash on 06 Aug, 2020, 11:12
Last night at the Manchester Branch meeting I was asked by Trev for details of the Classic Bike mag that reported on the Millennium Run.  The mag was the November 2000 issue (no 250). I dug out a copy for him, but also found scans of the relevant pages. As it was almost 20 years ago, I thought some of you may be interested in looking for a younger self! The link is:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5308c0qst6hxj9t/AACiY8tHHJFKCthIKtOYbJfua?dl=0
Title: Re: Millennium Run
Post by: Ted_Flash on 06 Aug, 2020, 11:19
Posted this, then checked it was OK and found it was topical.  Blimey!
Title: Re: Millennium Run
Post by: Old Biker on 06 Aug, 2020, 11:32
Thanks for sharing Ted
Title: Re: Millennium Run
Post by: DAVE BRADY on 06 Aug, 2020, 12:11
Great to see that others remember this momentous occasion.
As my wife and I were a bit tied up with the running of the day we did not get the chance to take any photos so if anyone has any to share we would 'chuffed as a butty'.

Dave.
Title: Re: Millennium Run
Post by: BEEZABRYAN on 25 Aug, 2020, 20:44
Thanks for sharing Ted :)
That was the very first outing for our Flash after it's 32 year slumber in a Middlesex garage and seven weeks fettling to get it rideable and MoTd just in time for the Millennium Ride.