BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Lightweights => Topic started by: Old_Legacy on 01 Jan, 2020, 18:25

Title: Dandy gasket help
Post by: Old_Legacy on 01 Jan, 2020, 18:25
Hi all,

New user here, both forums and classic bikes!

I have a for mentioned Dandy mostly complete, having trouble finding a head gasket online and wondering if it has one in the first place? I've bought a gasket "set" off Ebay but it doesn't contain a head gasket, only a base gasket and chain case gasket etc.

Does anyone have any information as to whether there is a head gasket or is there some other configuration I'm obviously not aware of?

Many thanks in advance, and happy new year!
Title: Re: Dandy gasket help
Post by: Dean Southall on 01 Jan, 2020, 19:40
The Dandy does not use a head gasket.
Title: Re: Dandy gasket help
Post by: Old_Legacy on 03 Jan, 2020, 19:47
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry if it seems like an obvious question, I'm quite new so expect more to come haha :)
Title: Re: Dandy gasket help
Post by: Dean Southall on 05 Jan, 2020, 21:40
We all have to learn: none of us were born knowing how to do everything so don't worry about asking. I'll help much as I can but also have a look in the members area of the BSAOC website where there are original manuals and service sheets.