BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: A10 JWO on 24 Jan, 2019, 11:55

Title: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: A10 JWO on 24 Jan, 2019, 11:55
I have seen a new chrome chain guard advertised for an OIF T140 and the seller states it will fit the A65 OIF. The Triumph part number is 83-9000, the BSA part number is 83-2640. Does anyone know if these are compatible. Thank you.
Title: Re: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: A10 JWO on 24 Jan, 2019, 14:24
Got a reply from USA, apparently they fit either, thanks for looking.
Title: Re: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: A10 JWO on 25 Jan, 2019, 17:06
Got the new one overnight, great quality; the old one went on ebay this afternoon.
Title: Re: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: Ibby4585 on 02 Feb, 2019, 07:37
Hi. So are they the same guard?

Thanks
Kris
Title: Re: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: Servodyne on 02 Feb, 2019, 09:25
The T140 guard is shorter at the front. If you fit one to an A65 there will be a gap and the chain will be visible.
Title: Re: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: A10 JWO on 02 Feb, 2019, 11:47
Agreed it is about 2" short and some of the chain is visible. However it looks much better in chrome than black. I am not a purist so I am pleased.
Title: Re: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: ChrisG on 02 Feb, 2019, 17:18
I had a chrome one on my A65. This had the gap as described and I never knew why. I do now! Thanks
Chris
Title: Re: A65 OIF Chainguard ?
Post by: A10 JWO on 02 Feb, 2019, 18:00
At least I can now see if anyone has stolen my new chain, happy days  8)