BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: NickM on 15 Jan, 2019, 19:06

Title: bsa A65 mudguards
Post by: NickM on 15 Jan, 2019, 19:06
I've got a 1967 Spitfire and both mudguards don't follow the profile of the wheels. They look like they are for bigger wheels and it's not a good look. I've seen quite a few photo's of various A65's with a similar look which I think might be down to pattern mudguards. Where should I look to buy mudguards that fit properly??
Title: Re: bsa A65 mudguards
Post by: JOHN KAY on 17 Jan, 2019, 13:36
 HI NICK
I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM BUYING A VERY EXPENSIVE FRONT MUDGUARD FROM
BURTON BIKE BITS I PUT IT DOWN TO THE STAY LENGTHS BEING INCORRECT AS I HAVE
NOTICED SOME FRONT MUDGUARDS LOOKING MORE IN PROPORTION ON SOME A10
ROCKET GOLDSTARS AND OTHER MODELS SO YOU MUST BE ABLE TO GET THEM SOMEWHERE
PERHAPS OTHER MEMBERS CAN HELP ? REGARDS JOHNBOY
Title: Re: bsa A65 mudguards
Post by: bikerbob on 17 Jan, 2019, 14:32
Does your bike have the correct wheels it should have a 19" rim on the front and a 18" rim on the rear, also as has been said are the mudguard stays correct length I have ordered stays in the past  that have not been made to the correct length. It could also be that the supplier does not know that your bike has different size wheels.
Title: Re: bsa A65 mudguards
Post by: NickM on 17 Jan, 2019, 19:16
Thanks for the replies John & bikerbob. Not sure about wheel sizes, I'll have to check. As for the stays, I have the later forks with a ventilated drum brake on the front and the stays are not detachable.