BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Jackson on 16 Dec, 2018, 17:20

Title: Plunger A10 Speedo
Post by: Jackson on 16 Dec, 2018, 17:20
I'm putting my 53 A10 back together now.
The Speedo doesn't look right, it's not chronometric  and has serial no SC S309/00 1584, it only runs up to 80mph.
I'm told that the correct speedo is an S608.
Does anyone know what the S309 is off and where I can get a proper speedo ?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Adrian.
Title: Re: Plunger A10 Speedo
Post by: Jackson on 16 Dec, 2018, 19:58
I completely misread the speedo serial number.
Look like it may be chronometric.
The one I have on the A10 is an SC 5309/00 1584.
Does anyone know what this speedo belongs to.?
Regards,
Adrian
Title: Re: Plunger A10 Speedo
Post by: Jackson on 16 Dec, 2018, 20:12
Finally found it.
It belongs to an Ariel Leader!
Now I need to find the right article for the A10 🙂
Adrian