Hi folks.
I have a 1958 GF with a 1954 GF engine fitted.
I am well on the way to completion without too many problems. (Well just a few)
I have come to the point of ordering new exhaust systems but 1958 was the year of change.
Is there a significant difference in the exhaust pipes ?
Different part nos are listed but photos look the same.
Will 58 pipes fit 54 engine ok and still line up to frame fitting ?
I am thinking Armours.
The cost is a bit high for trial and error.
Thanks for any suggestions
Paul
You cannot mix 1958 pipes and silencers with the earlier version. You either need a complete 1958 onwards set or a complete pre 1958 set.
The earlier exhausts are a different shape sweeping upwards at the rear end and the silencer dimensions are different.
The 1958 on exhaust come out straight at the back.
You can see the difference in the 2 catalogue illustrations below, first fro 1957, second from 1958.
Be prepared to fettle a new exhaust they often dont fit very well or easily.
Hi,
I notice the bike price at the time will be similar to today's exhaust system price :( :(
Got mine from Armours, top job, went on nice.
Thanks all.
Yep price of a new bike in 1958 and a bit more !
Oh well budget well blown already!