BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Lightweights => Topic started by: Steven on 15 Nov, 2018, 20:38

Title: Beagle
Post by: Steven on 15 Nov, 2018, 20:38
I am still having no luck in finding a small low power electic pump to try and fix up some sort of oil feed to the rockers anyone have sugestions? Also does anyone know of somewhere in the Nottingham area where I can get a exhaust nut and olive/ seal either supplied or made.
Title: Re: Beagle
Post by: Dean Southall on 17 Nov, 2018, 09:43
Hi Steven.
Its a long shot but I'll have a look in my Beagle leftover bits.
As I've previously posted, I think there are easier solutions to the rocker oiling and I'd not want to go down the road of permanently altering or risk damaging engine parts that are so hard to replace. I undertsand the technical challenge can be alluring though.

I'm south of Nottingham, where are you?
Title: Re: Beagle
Post by: Steven on 18 Nov, 2018, 20:41
I am central Nottingham. I agree about tampering with the bike. I was looking to see if it could be done with the power available or with a modern battery hidden. I wont be doing anything untill I know it works and I have spares. Its still a work in progress.
Title: Re: Beagle
Post by: Dean Southall on 19 Nov, 2018, 17:13
She's looking very good Steven. The rare legshields are a bonus and really add something to the bike.
Keep us up to date with progress.

Remind me to look for the exhaust nut and gasket if I've not got back to you soon.
Title: Re: Beagle
Post by: Steven on 19 Nov, 2018, 20:35
Thanks for that. The next job will be to get the wheels rebuilt most prob with stainless, I know its not right but the original were completly shot. I think i will make a fiberglass mould for the alternator case for now as every engine i see appears to be missing them. I can only assume this is due to loose nuts and bits flying off 😃.
Title: Re: Beagle
Post by: Dean Southall on 22 Nov, 2018, 08:11
I can't exactly recall the shape of the alternatore cover but if its just round don't overlook what can be achieved with the right sized thick walled sauce pan! I am just recalling a friend who did this for a lost Laverda cover!
Title: Re: Beagle
Post by: Steven on 27 Nov, 2018, 17:46
Its slightly oval but that food for thought 😀