Hi all I am running my lightning on boyer bransden ignition and two six volt coils and the bike is hard to start I noticed the spark at the plugs seam to be weak would a twelve volt duel coil give better spark also what plugs are best the amal carbs air screws are one and a half turns out when easy start is used it fires up. thanks Roy
Boyer likes a good 12 volt supply, i use B8ES ngk plugs with boyer pickups and box but using aftermarket dual output coil and regulator.
;)
derek
What is your battery voltage?
It should read 12.6V charged.
Is the ignition timing correct?
Tune the carbs.
When I fitted my Mark 4 Boyer I bought their dual coil, easy to fit and wire up. Their HT leads were a bit short, fitted longer ones and they fit on a heat shield, great spark. Regards.
PS Plugs and air screw sound good.
Thanks for the replies, timing was out a shade due to changing a timing side gasket will get a dual coil anyway.Roy
Roy get Boyers own make, worth the extra £10. They will post direct and they answer the phone.
Thanks,will do.Roy
Hi A10 JWO or anyone who can help the duel coil has arrived and as you know it has two wires white and orange but where do they go (in laymans terms please) I have the Mk4 transistor box and bike is a 1966 a65L and how large should the heat sink be. thanks Roy
Roy I will look in the morning. Boyers website has a lot of wiring diagrams. They are also helpful on the phone. Mon - Friday ??
My orange goes to earth and white is the live from the coil to the loom. Mine is a 1972 if that makes any difference .
Look at the Boyer Bransden website they have all the answers.
Thanks for the advice. Roy