BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Sidecars => Topic started by: berniej on 02 Nov, 2018, 09:25

Title: M21 sidecar fitting question
Post by: berniej on 02 Nov, 2018, 09:25
I have a small Briggs sidecar (Watsonian offshoot I think) which I'm in the process of fitting to my M21 rigid.
I have a number of potentially useful sidecar fittings but the challenging bit is proving to be the rear, upper fitting.

This has a tapered socket on the frame and, in order to clear the battery box, first needs to come out horizontally for 200mm or so and then turn down vertically to meet the sidecar frame.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to do this - or any parts that might help?

I've read A10 Bob's post on the subject and tried to contact him but no luck so far.

Thanks,
Bernie (Norfolk)
Title: Re: M21 sidecar fitting question
Post by: Dean Southall on 02 Nov, 2018, 20:14
You need three parts. the short taper fitting to go in the frame. A "j" shaped tube to connect to this and down to the chassis an a coupling to attach the j to the sidecar chassis.
There is  a photo of the arrangement if you scroll down this page...http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=559671
Title: Re: M21 sidecar fitting question
Post by: berniej on 03 Nov, 2018, 16:37
Thanks Dean - I had actually seen that thread and then mentioned 'A10 Bob' in my post when it should have been 'lightningrob' !
Coincidentally I think he's quite near me in Norfolk so may be able to contact him and see how it all goes together.

Cheers,
Bernie