BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: ramwing7 on 19 Oct, 2018, 23:03

Title: Thread pitch?
Post by: ramwing7 on 19 Oct, 2018, 23:03
I just purchased a 1979 BSA 50) Royal Star that is either a diamond in the rough or a lump of coal.  It's uncertain at the moment.   :o
Anyway.......does anyone know the thread pitch on the outside end of the left side rider footpeg (yep, the left thread one)?  Mine has messed up threads that I hope I can salvage using a thread file.  But I'm going to need the thread pitch.
If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Ron
Title: Re: Thread pitch?
Post by: Mark on 20 Oct, 2018, 07:29
Hi Ron,

Not sure you got the year correct as I think they only produced these up to 1970

the nut is 7/16 x 20 TPI cycle thread part number 29-5839

Regards Mark
Title: Re: Thread pitch?
Post by: Mike Farmer on 20 Oct, 2018, 10:00
 :)

I've seen some super sculptures made out of coal.

Mike 8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: Thread pitch?
Post by: ramwing7 on 20 Oct, 2018, 15:31
Many thanks.   :)