BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Csx355 on 12 Oct, 2018, 08:05

Title: Recomended Reading - Is there a Rupert Ratio equivelant for the A65 ?
Post by: Csx355 on 12 Oct, 2018, 08:05
Hi guys, well the deed has been done and another waif and stray has turned up in my garage. As I anticipated I'm pretty sure it's going to need some attention. I am currently working on a B44 mongrel armed with the RR books and was wandering if there was something similar for the A50 / A65 twins. Or at least something that could be recommended that will make the rehoming somewhat easier.
Title: Re: Recomended Reading - Is there a Rupert Ratio equivelant for the A65 ?
Post by: Jackson on 12 Oct, 2018, 08:45
I think the closest is probably Roy Bacon's BSA Twin Restoration.
I have found it invaluable. Admittedly I'm working on an A10, but the coverage of the unit engines looks as good.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BSA-Twin-Restoration-Roy-Bacon/dp/0957066503
Adrian
Title: Re: Recomended Reading - Is there a Rupert Ratio equivelant for the A65 ?
Post by: JulianS on 12 Oct, 2018, 08:56
The factory workshop manual is useful, comes in editions for 1962-65, 1966-68, 1969-70 and 1971. Add a parts book for your model and you are quite well equipped.
Title: Re: Recomended Reading - Is there a Rupert Ratio equivelant for the A65 ?
Post by: A10 JWO on 12 Oct, 2018, 15:01
I agree with Julian, has all the info you need in there. Good luck.