BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Mike Farmer on 11 Oct, 2018, 15:04

Title: A65 Sludge Trap
Post by: Mike Farmer on 11 Oct, 2018, 15:04
 :) :)

It is several (Many) moons since I did a sludge trap and cant remember exactly what to do when putting the end plugs back in. My plugs screw in several threads below the crank web face. I thought that I remembered them coming up tight almost level with the face.
So am I right in assuming that I refit them to the point flush with web face and then spike them into place.

Confused .com

Mike 8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: A65 Sludge Trap
Post by: A10 JWO on 11 Oct, 2018, 17:30
Section B44 states loctite or end plug secured with centre punch to the thread. Hope this helps.
Title: Re: A65 Sludge Trap
Post by: JulianS on 11 Oct, 2018, 19:01
The plug at the plain bearing end should really be screwed in only until flush with crank web to avoid blocking the big end feed from the plain journal.
Title: Re: A65 Sludge Trap
Post by: Mike Farmer on 11 Oct, 2018, 19:17
 :)

Thanks to you both. That's where I thought I should be, but Tooooooooooo expensive to get it wrong.

Mike 8) 8) 8)
Title: Re: A65 Sludge Trap
Post by: A10 JWO on 12 Oct, 2018, 14:59
Mike, I bought a new sludge trap from Kidderminster M/C's, not too much money.