BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Mike Farmer on 10 Oct, 2018, 14:03

Title: A65 casings
Post by: Mike Farmer on 10 Oct, 2018, 14:03
 :)

As my memory does go back the way it used to-----when new were the engine casings polished to virtually mirror finish.

I am considering having mine either polished or maybe powder coated. If I go down the powder route what do we think about heat dissipation. Would it be a problem at the lower engine level??????? Its about £200 to have them polished as against about £80 to have em coated.

I have the kit to polish em myself if it comes to a push.

Mike 8) 8)
Title: Re: A65 casings
Post by: Csx355 on 10 Oct, 2018, 14:53
Polish - it's therapeutic and shows an unnatural predilection to spending too much time by yourself in drafty shed. Sort of a badge of honour.
Title: Re: A65 casings
Post by: Mike Farmer on 10 Oct, 2018, 15:13
 :)

that's bril---thanks.

mike 8) 8) 8)