BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: royblackburn1@btinternet. on 16 Sep, 2018, 11:48

Title: carburation
Post by: royblackburn1@btinternet. on 16 Sep, 2018, 11:48
Hi all I am running a rebuilt A65L engine when the engine was stripped down the engineer told me the conditions of the pistons shown it had been running rich, now its running I checked the new plugs and the electrode is a grey/light brown colour is this ok plugs are NGK B8ES concentric carb with 106 needle and jet needle is in middle groove.thanks Roy
Title: Re: carburation
Post by: A10 JWO on 16 Sep, 2018, 17:43
Sounds like you are talking about 1 carb or am I reading it wrong ? The colour of the plug sounds ok ?
Title: Re: carburation
Post by: royblackburn1@btinternet. on 17 Sep, 2018, 01:12
Thanks for the reply using two carbs. Roy