BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Airman49 on 01 Sep, 2018, 16:11

Title: Best way to remove transfers/decals
Post by: Airman49 on 01 Sep, 2018, 16:11
Hello all.
I intend to use the side covers in the enclosed picture on my -68 Spitfire.
Anybody who has experience in removing the old transfers who could give me some advice?
Also I would like to know where I can buy top quality transfers for a -68 Spitfire.
Title: Re: Best way to remove transfers/decals
Post by: A10 JWO on 01 Sep, 2018, 16:32
Lots of ideas on Youtube re removal, heat gun etc. Classic Transfers ( old School )
Title: Re: Best way to remove transfers/decals
Post by: Airman49 on 01 Sep, 2018, 17:50
Well, it would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction.
Title: Re: Best way to remove transfers/decals
Post by: ChrisG on 01 Sep, 2018, 18:17
Hi Airman,
They are available from the Club Regalia Officer, Graham Jackson. Contact email is regalia@bsaownersclub.co.uk
Is yours a MkIV? If so, I believe the correct transfer is no. 063 price code J £4.00 per pair. Graham will advise.
Chris
Title: Re: Best way to remove transfers/decals
Post by: Airman49 on 01 Sep, 2018, 21:16
Thanks Chris, yes it's a MkIV and I will follow your advice :)