BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: yosemite on 06 Aug, 2018, 15:01

Title: A65 bottom end rebuild
Post by: yosemite on 06 Aug, 2018, 15:01
Hi all
My A65 engine locked up, when I stripped it down the timing side bush (solid phosphor bronze fitted around 5 years back but only a couple of hundred miles ) had picked up on crank.
so its a new bush and bottom end rebuild. Unfortunately I cant afford a S.R.M end feed conversion.
  last one was fitted by an engineers workshop that is now closed so cant and probably wouldn't want to go back, I have heard good things about Rob Wardle  in Felling, but cant find his number, does anyone Know if hes stil lin business and can you let me have his number
Thanks
Yosemite
Title: Re: A65 bottom end rebuild
Post by: Spitfighter on 07 Aug, 2018, 14:40
Not sure where you are based but I have just had the bottom end of my '66 A65 Spitfire rebuilt by Vic Jefford of Destiny Cycles based near Kirkbymoorside in N Yorks. Haven't yet run the engine but he knows his way around bikes and has recent experience on an A65...
Alastair
I can give you contact details and directions if that is of any help.
(He is well known for his custom bikes and does have a website)