BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: apb on 01 Aug, 2018, 08:07

Title: smiths speedometer repair/recalibration
Post by: apb on 01 Aug, 2018, 08:07
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good repairer of smiths instruments? I have an A7 chromatic and a speedo from a 1968 thunderbolt that are sticky and very inaccurate. I've surfed as you do and found a couple of places so just wondered if anyone could recommend from personal experience.

Thanks.

Andy.
Title: Re: smiths speedometer repair/recalibration
Post by: Caulky on 01 Aug, 2018, 09:55
You don't say where you are, but if the uk, I send my 'clocks' here:
http://www.speedorepairs.co.uk/
Title: Re: smiths speedometer repair/recalibration
Post by: A10 JWO on 01 Aug, 2018, 16:00
Gagg & Son done all mine, quick turn around; old school service. They advertise in Old Bike Mart.
Title: Re: smiths speedometer repair/recalibration
Post by: CHOOSEY2 on 01 Aug, 2018, 21:12
I have used Stuart, at www.classic-speedometers.com
Very good service and price, he's in Mansfield