BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Marka10 on 31 Jul, 2018, 10:39

Title: Installing oil Filter on A10 Any advice
Post by: Marka10 on 31 Jul, 2018, 10:39
Hi

I am wanting to install a cartridge type oil filter on my A10, any advice on where to put it. I am thinking of locating it between  the gear box and the rear wheel in the gap above the centre stand.

cheers

mark 
Title: Re: Installing oil Filter on A10 Any advice
Post by: Marka10 on 01 Aug, 2018, 14:54
See photo of filter fitted behind gear box seems to work well, shot pipe work to Oil tank and engine.
Title: Re: Installing oil Filter on A10 Any advice
Post by: bikerbob on 01 Aug, 2018, 16:42
I fitted mine in the tool box
Title: Re: Installing oil Filter on A10 Any advice
Post by: Marka10 on 02 Aug, 2018, 11:16
Hi Biker Bob,

Did you put it in the return line and what hoses did you use?
Title: Re: Installing oil Filter on A10 Any advice
Post by: Marka10 on 02 Aug, 2018, 11:18
Bob

what oil flow checks did you do after install?

Cheers
Mark
Title: Re: Installing oil Filter on A10 Any advice
Post by: STAR TWIN on 02 Aug, 2018, 17:41
I fitted one and after many thousands of miles one of the oil lines slipped off the filter housing. Be very careful. I ditched the filter and reverted to the standard setup and just change the oil a bit more often.