Hi I am looking for some help here I have an A10 big bearing crank I believe as it is the same as my standard one except it has a different end where the Cush drive goes.
The end is like a triumph one to take a rotor and stator.
Does anyone know anything about this as if it is an A10 crank it then follows there must be a primary chain case for this which obviously has to be different to accommodate the rotor and stator .
If anyone can shed some light on this I would be grateful. Has anyone got a chain case to fit this?
Hope some one reads this it is my first post as I am a new member.
All the best
Mark
Is it ex-police? The last two owner's club magazines have articles in them about A10s with alternators for police use.
Adrian.
If it is an A10 crank with 84mm stroke then you have an alternator crank which would have been fitted in an A10 engine with number prefixed DA10A. Most of the big bearing alternator cranks were fitted to bikes which were for police use and which were exported. They also had a dynamo fitted.
The clutch side exhaust downpipe was shaped differently to the standard A10 to clear the chaincase.
Photo from 1961 catalogue.
The alternator stator was, unusually, attached to the outer primary chaincase.
Thanks for some useful comments guys will try to find chaincases to suit or it will be a resell.