BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Pippinz on 11 Jul, 2018, 00:01

Title: A65 steering damper
Post by: Pippinz on 11 Jul, 2018, 00:01
Could some kind person please advise me on how to remove all the components of the steering damper and any advice in putting it back together? Is it simple or am going to end up with lots of bits on the floor.

The easy bit is removing the split pin and unwinding the rod but what happens then do the parts then drop out of the bottom. I would rather ask first and I'm hoping it's that simple

Thank you
Title: Re: A65 steering damper
Post by: Bess on 11 Jul, 2018, 07:55
Hi,
    It is a simple task, I've included a diagram for reference.

Best wishes...
Title: Re: A65 steering damper
Post by: Pippinz on 11 Jul, 2018, 10:42
Thank you.. guess it can't be that bad just wanting to replace the headstock bearings whilst I have it all apart.

Aye