BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Amanda Tribeeza on 27 Jun, 2018, 17:58

Title: Tribsa , I need help identifying my Frame ??????
Post by: Amanda Tribeeza on 27 Jun, 2018, 17:58
Hi,
Can anyone help me here,  I have just bought this , i think Tribsa, Not sure but i have a bsa frame number on Log Book as B40GB447 , Suggests a B40 frame ??? See pic. Engine a Triumph 5ta.
Can anyone confirm this as a B$0 frame, The Neck i think has been strengthened, Down the bottom left had side mounting , i cannot see a frame number, as it has been welded over to take the Triumph Mountings.Also any info on what wheels these are too would be great.

Thanks

Amanda
Title: Re: Tribsa , I need help identifying my Frame ??????
Post by: AWJDThumper on 27 Jun, 2018, 18:14
The frame number relates to an ex-Army B40WD motorcycle which used a 350cc B40 engine but in a later welded duplex frame dating to about 1967. The frame certainly looks as though this is how it started off life!.
Title: Re: Tribsa , I need help identifying my Frame ??????
Post by: AWJDThumper on 27 Jun, 2018, 18:16
ps. If you look closely at the LHS top front of the frame you will probably see 4 small holes where the original MOD contract plate was riveted on.
Title: Re: Tribsa , I need help identifying my Frame ??????
Post by: AWJDThumper on 27 Jun, 2018, 18:19
In terms of the wheels, these would have been a WM1 x 20" front and WM3 x 18" rear.
Title: Re: Tribsa , I need help identifying my Frame ??????
Post by: Amanda Tribeeza on 27 Jun, 2018, 18:35
Thank you so much Guys, So it is a Tribsa then,  Happy Days   :)