BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Foxy on 13 Jun, 2018, 17:51

Title: Timing on A65 Rocket
Post by: Foxy on 13 Jun, 2018, 17:51
Hi

I recently put a wassell electronic ignition on my 1964 Rocket, as I cant strobe it I used a degree disc and set 34deg before tdc as per the manual,started 1st kick no problem.
A couple of weeks later started ok then started to run very rough on a shake down ride,it then conked out and since would not start,incase the magnet had slipped on the crankshaft I decided to re do the timing but it does not matter where it sits it will not start, I have a good spark and plenty of fuel getting through, I checked the plugs and they are a bit wet and black, however a clean up of them does not change and it will not start, any suggestions would be really appreciated