BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: Jackson on 05 Jun, 2018, 10:58

Title: Plunger A!0 (53) Rear Hub
Post by: Jackson on 05 Jun, 2018, 10:58
Hi again!
I decided to replace the rear wheel bearings. Removed the wheel outer spacer and dust cover and found what is shown in the attached photo.
There is a pressed steel stepped cover apparently riveted in place. I can't see anything like this in the workshop manual or illustrated parts list. It looks like it is in two parts but the gap is just where someone appears to have taken a chisel to it at sometime.
All I am trying to do is get the bearings out and replace them without destroying anything.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Adrian
Title: Re: Plunger A!0 (53) Rear Hub
Post by: Jackson on 05 Jun, 2018, 13:03
Got it!
The bearing cover has come apart - this is part of the bearing cover.
I'll just pull it off and replace with a new one.
Didn't realise that they came apart so easily.