BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

The BSA Workshop => Twins => Topic started by: helidave on 30 May, 2018, 19:44

Title: Gold Flash Ignition Leads
Post by: helidave on 30 May, 2018, 19:44
Hi,
Could anybody please tell me which way round the ignition leads should be on my 1960 Gold Flash.
On the magneto, Is the lead nearest the engine going to the left cylinder or visa versa.
Cheers, Dave
Title: Re: Gold Flash Ignition Leads
Post by: Bess on 30 May, 2018, 21:50
Hi,

I put the lower mag pick up to the left...
Title: Re: Gold Flash Ignition Leads
Post by: STAR TWIN on 30 May, 2018, 22:12
Once I set the ignition timing, I select which lead goes where. Sometimes if it won't start, I have to swap the leads. So is there a right way and a wrong way?
Title: Re: Gold Flash Ignition Leads
Post by: Bess on 30 May, 2018, 22:51
Hi,
    I set the lower lead to the left to keep the lead length similar....

Best wishes...
Title: Re: Gold Flash Ignition Leads
Post by: JulianS on 31 May, 2018, 10:32
It will depend on which lobe of the cam ring and which cylinder you time it on.