This morning I completed the wiring on the Boyer and Dual Spark Coil. Grounded both plugs and got a really good spark. Filled up the fuel tank, tickled the new Amal and kicked it over. Had a strange noise from the head area, it sounded like a dogs squeaky toy expelling. This would seem to be the rocker cover gasket not sealing, this acted like a reed and caused the squeak as the back pressure built up inside the rocker cover. Anyway the old girl fired up and sounded really strong, very good oil return. Just needs fine tuning I hope. No smoke or rattles. Not bad as it has not run in around ten years. Just need to sort out the mysterious rocker cover stud problems which is subject of another ongoing thread. Thanks for all the wise advice of late. Colin.
Hopefully I will be a bigger pest on the Bantam D7 section in a few weeks