Had the bike almost a year but spent most of the time "spannerin"generally trying to get it right,and an odd ride around the local area.
Having (largely) sorted the mag,kickstart,carb fuel level,and lots of other niggles,decided to have a run over the moors.
Took the A640 out of Huddersfield and opened the throttle.I used to ride on this road years ago,but now it is in a very poor state.Surface dressing worn away in many places,patches on the patches and some real shirt lifting bumps.
First impressions of the bike were not good,the noise from the aftermarket (ha ha) silencer was far too loud,and the vibration at 40mph felt like I was doing 90! At 50mph the ammeter needle was banging from stop to stop and I thought I was in danger of getting white knuckle!
I would have pushed harder but the road surface was just too bumpy.
My old B31 I used to cruise at 60 but it was an original BSA produced bike,this one has been rebuilt with aftermarket pattern parts,and I think of rather dubious materials and accuracy.
Apart from the noise and vibration,it handled really nicely,and cornered well,and I really enjoyed the ride.
Hi,
It is worth going over all the nuts and bolts just in case one is not quite tight enough, especially the head steady. Make sure the tank is not touching anywhere when the engine is revved a bit. Even chain tension can have an affect. Don't forget that pulling the rear wheel back a bit too much can tighten the primary. Is the spring on the crank strong enough and is the crank nut done up properly?
Dave.
You can't be far from me, are you Hudds based? I'm only over in the Calder Valley.