I feel that the club has now overstepped the mark as to the new forum, including the new rules, it sounds very much like do as you are told and don't upset anyone, or you will be banished.
To be quite honest, I do not like this attitude, I feel that if anyone has a genuine concern about anything to do with club matters should be allowed to aire their views, on the forum no matter what the outcome. Lets face it that is really what a forum is for.
I have never hid my feelings, if I think things are wrong I state it and I hope everyone else does also.
It's not good banning someone for speaking out, it may not please all but as the old adage say's the truth often hurts, we are not in a communist state yet.
There was one reply to my comment yesterday morning, maybe more but they have now vanished.
So, Web master, does this prove my point?
Hi,
I think we need to be a bit patient. We have been promised a Members' Forum so that BSAOC stuff is not discussed on this global/public forum. I do not know specifically what setting up a forum entails but I believe that it will happen. Ideally before the BSAOC AGM so that the agenda can be published and discussed in advance. I suppose that the agenda could be published in the Members' Area of the website and discussion could at least take place locally.
Dave.
Quote from: TTJOHN on 10 Jan, 2026, 10:36 There was one reply to my comment yesterday morning, maybe more but they have now vanished.
So, Web master, does this prove my point?
It was me who replied. I didn't remove my reply, it was admin. I wonder if this comment will stay?
I don't believe in gagging people for what they believe in, if it's for the good of the club and it's members.
Quote from: TTJOHN on 10 Jan, 2026, 13:08 I don't believe in gagging people for what they believe in, if it's for the good of the club and it's members.
Basically i was agreeing with your first post in this thread. I was starting to think i'd done something wrong to cause admin to delete my post, maybe the use of the word "snowflakes". It would have been alright if i'd had a message from admin explaining their actions for twice removing my post. Anyway, let's see what happens.
Every reply Catz posted on this subject that I have read to date had the derogatory term in it. I should imagine that would be why your posts had been removed.