I have a 1931 Sloper the rear sidecar fixing seems to be standard fitting on these machines its a stub fixed in the rear part of the frame , does anyone know if its possible to unscrew this so I can fit a standard cub and ball sidecar fitting or is there a side car fitting made that will fit in place of the cup and ball I have with my sidecar
I can see all bikes seem to have this fixing so I am sure it would be able to fit a watsonan Side car chassis to a BSA ?
Well I tried everything to unscrew mine and it would not shift. I was applying so much force at one point I was risking bending the rear frame!
I gues you could cut and drill it out but I modified a straight fitting with an eye at each end. One end attaches to the fixed pin on the frame and a standartd sidecar ball joint fitting goes on the other. However I have not got it on the road yet so cannot vouch for its effectiveness.
Newly manufactured replacement Sloper rear frame brackets are regularly offered on ebay so it could be worth asking the question of the seller/manufacturer.
Good luck!