BSA Owners' Club Workshop Discussions

Events => National, Branch and Group Events => Topic started by: Dean Southall on 07 Aug, 2022, 17:52

Title: Manchester Camp
Post by: Dean Southall on 07 Aug, 2022, 17:52
I am planning to ride up to Dent for the Manchester Camp the weekend after next. As this will be my first time attending this camp can anyone advise whether  my 4000mm hydrostatic head tent will be adequate? ;)
Title: Re: Manchester Camp
Post by: DAVE BRADY on 07 Aug, 2022, 17:58
Hi Dean,

With the weather we are having I would be more concerned about blocking the UV reflecting off the moon.

Dave.
Title: Re: Manchester Camp
Post by: Ian C on 08 Aug, 2022, 11:39
Quote from: DAVE BRADY on 07 Aug, 2022, 17:58

With the weather we are having I would be more concerned about blocking the UV reflecting off the moon.


I have to agree for the rest of the country Dave, but Dents microclimate always seems to lean towards maximum precipitation!!  ;D
Title: Re: Manchester Camp
Post by: DAVE BRADY on 08 Aug, 2022, 12:23
Hi,

Currently it is about the same as here in temperate Hibaldstow but who knows what it will be like in two weeks.
I suppose that Mancunians need rainy places so that they feel at home.

Dave.