Help me OB1
Mateo in Texas
Not required.
Beagle will never excede a speed limit,
;)
Hi,
I think the speedo is needed so the rider does not think they are stationary and get off at 15mph.
Venhill seem to stock a huge range of speedo cables so may have one that will fit otherwise they may be able to make one.
Dave.
Hi,
You need a 2' 3" Smiths cable, part number DF 7231/00. Or BSA part 19-9071.
Try here: http://vintagebritishcables.com/NOS-SMITHS--New-Old-Stock.php
http://www.chronometrics.co.uk/html/cables.html
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMITHS-SPEEDO-TACHO-CABLES-ALL-MAKES-MODELS-AVAILABLE-HIGH-QUALITY-/124697682369?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=Cj0KCQiAqvaNBhDLARIsAH1Pq53mhXzVU7nGUU8P4R1TmQ-YSGwvsPVd-uP8fCRGqYegabBUZaBUlFIaAhU3EALw_wcB
Best wishes...
The Beagle cable is a lot thinner than a standard speedo cable.
I've just looked at my Beagle speedo cable and it is more or less the same diameter as a normal clutch or brake cable. The squared ends on the inner are also very small in width. Sometimes NOS cables can be had but, since the Beagle was only made for 1 year, the original spares volume was probably never that big and very little is likely to remain.
The best I can suggest, if a secondhand one can't be found on eBay, is to look to see if any mopeds of that era used a similar sized speedo cable.
For reference, the squared end on the inner is ~1.8 mm which seems to be similar to other moped speedo cables I've seen.