Author Topic: Courtesy bikes  (Read 110 times)

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Courtesy bikes
« on: 02 October, 2020, 17:43:56 »
Sometimes, when someone's car is in a garage for repair or service, the owner of the car is given use of a courtesy car. In a week or two's time I'm taking my modern-day bike in for service and mot. I was wondering: anybody ever heard of such a thing as s courtesy bike?

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Courtesy bikes
« Reply #1 on: 02 October, 2020, 18:37:37 »
Hi Phil,
          Yep, I was given a methane powered courtesy bike last time. I was told its the future and very sustainable.

Best wishes...

Pete A10

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 October, 2020, 18:49:42 »
Think it depends how well you know the dealer. Whenever I put the Explorer in for any work (which is rare) they always offer me bike for the day. I have bought a couple of bikes from them over the years so I am known there. You usually have to sign your life away and they are will only be on 3rd party insurance so don't dent it.

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October, 2020, 20:25:05 »
honda I dont, anymore.
I looked after a customers Hornet 600. It was a bit of a special/bodge/track bike. the wings on the tank were wrong side and the headlight bulb araldited into the housing amongst other cr@p things.
I lent him a ZZR600 as he needed transport from Melksham to Portbury 6 days a week. this involved around 30 miles each way of M4/M5.
at the end of the week I got the bike back and cost me a pair of tyres, so I was around 150 out of pocket.
by 6 months later the Hornet was dead. As he hadnt paid any of his last 2 bills It got signed over.

EDDIE SIMPSON

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 October, 2020, 21:04:52 »
well if the greens get their way and ban meat eating i think methane bikes are the way to go. i produce plenty of methane eating parsleys and couliflowers  and the seating position above the methane tank looks ideal. riding home from the pub could also be interesting.