Author Topic: My A70L Lightning  (Read 459 times)

Angus D. Campbell

• Star
    • View Profile
My A70L Lightning
« on: 22 August, 2020, 15:01:27 »
Hi everyone,

Here's a pic of my recently restored A70, built June '71, which hopefully will be at Stafford in Oct this year or April next year with the rest of my Power Set stable. It's led a very hard life and was in a mess when purchased in 2018. The whole restoration was documented on Youtube, including recent remediation of problems following first road tests. Hope to attend the East Midlands branch at some point and will definitely be at next year's national rally.

Rgds, Angus
« Last Edit: 22 August, 2020, 15:06:51 by Angus D. Campbell »

Cliffrand

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: My A70L Lightning
« Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2021, 08:08:14 »
Hi there.  We chatted at Stafford a while back when you had all your great bikes displayed.  I have recently purchased an A70.  I wasn't searching for one but when I saw it at Stafford in the Autumn I couldn't resist!  I believe I have almost all that i need for it, but I have two missing parts which, I believe I could have fabricated if only I knew the sizes.  Having built one, I was hoping that you might have the information and I would be most grateful if you could help.  The parts in question are the thrust washer for the main bearing 71-2681 and pinion washer 71-2704.  ID and OD could be assumed from where they go but thickness is the one dimension I am stuck on.  Hope you can help or point me in the right direction and perhaps chat again at Stafford if you display the bikes again.  Regards Cliff