Author Topic: Petrol Pipe  (Read 351 times)

RESTORER

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Petrol Pipe
« on: 18 August, 2020, 19:59:20 »
Hi, Does anyone know of a clear 1/4" petrol pipe that does not turn yellow shortly after it is fitted? I am running a 1954 Flash on unleaded with the Spitfire Fuel catyalyst in the tank. Thanks.
Restorer.
1954 A10 Golden Flash, Swinging Arm

AdrianS

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Petrol Pipe
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2020, 10:23:36 »
I tend to use the reinforced clear tubing for fuel. I have experienced it going yellow after a good period of time ( a few years) but I assume that is due to sunlight affecting the neoprene. As itís quite cheP to buy, it just gets replaced.
However as I mess with my bikes all the time, I usually change the tubing more often as the joints have been on and off so many times they have become not so tight on the connections!

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2020, 10:38:42 »
Hi,

I tend to use black fuel pipe as I have found that the clear reinforced stuff becomes quite rigid over time but if replaced regularly not a problem.  The black rubbery stuff stays more flexible with an indication that replacement is due when small cracks appear in the outer layer when flexed.
Both types are probably affected by UV.

Dave. 

RESTORER

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2020, 20:45:35 »
Thanks lads, I'll probably change and go with black but make more enquiries about UV stability first.
Restorer.
1954 A10 Golden Flash, Swinging Arm