Author Topic: Anybody up for a ride out? North Bucks  (Read 955 times)

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
    • The North Bucks Wanderer
Anybody up for a ride out? North Bucks
« on: 17 July, 2020, 19:29:01 »
Anybody going out on Sunday rides near me? I'm in North Bucks, or more accurately the South part of Milton Keynes. I'm on an M33. There's also the lighter week day evenings, at least for a few more weeks.

B Murphy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody up for a ride out? North Bucks
« Reply #1 on: 17 July, 2020, 22:27:51 »
It's a two day camel ride for me but if I was in the area I would be up for it, good luck and hope you get a few riders.

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 July, 2020, 23:01:53 »
I'm nowhere near there, but good luck Rog1.  Phil

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 July, 2020, 09:01:23 »
Good morning,

Good to see people are getting out again.  Those of you who are BSAOC members could contact your local Branch to see when they are getting active again and join in.
Perhaps Branch Secretaries could post something on this Forum to inform and invite non-members to come along as well.

Dave.

BEEZABRYAN

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 July, 2020, 10:59:19 »
South Derbyshire have not as yet re-started rides but are meeting each Wednesday evening from about  7.30 pm at their HQ - The Shakespeare Inn London Road Shardlow DE72 2GP

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 July, 2020, 15:20:48 »
Remember gtoups in pubs are limited to 30.

South Derbyshire should be having a ride out on 29th July if the ride leader can pull his finger out.
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

BEEZABRYAN

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 July, 2020, 15:50:47 »
Best I evict the spiders etc from the Flash & a Box, last time it was out was the TreeTops run March 6th.
Wonder if it will start, go and stop? After all it has last years petrol & the brakes will be mucked up from last years foul weather rides.

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 July, 2020, 16:26:14 »
I'm nowhere near there, but good luck Rog1.  Phil
It's a two day camel ride for me but if I was in the area I would be up for it, good luck and hope you get a few riders.
Thanks chaps.

I'm not comfortable with pubs or cafes at the moment, so I'm thinking the run would be starting at a convenient spot that's easy to find, then off we go to some sort of outside landmark, by an interesting and not too direct route.

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 July, 2020, 19:27:39 »
It will soon be the weekend again. Now, who is coming out for a ride?

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July, 2020, 22:27:28 »
Billy No Mates here! I went out on Sunday afternoon and got in about 75 miles. I went to Pitstone windmill in Bucks, oldest in the country, Ivinghoe Beacon also in Bucks, that as well as being part of Good Queen Bess's early warning system against the Spanish is also the site of a prehistoric hill fort, and Albury in Herts, which has often been used for location filming.

Now the bike is making a top end tapping sound, which I shall soon investigate. Hopefully I can fix it before next weekend.
« Last Edit: 27 July, 2020, 22:32:08 by Rog1 »

B Murphy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 July, 2020, 23:25:47 »
Hi Billy...lol. I was always asking if anyone wanted a ride out when I had a Royal Enfield but didn't get anybody interested on the RE forum to come along so I had to get used to riding alone. I used to think sod this for a game of soldiers and sold the bike. Then I got a B31 and would ride it to the moon and back if I could! It's great when there's a few riding together but I don't mind riding solo anymore, go where you want and when you want.  All the best Rog1 and keep on riding. Great photos by the way.

MGI

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 July, 2020, 06:08:55 »
Worcester Auto Club have an 'old timers ride out' every Thursday at 10.00AM  They meet at their club premises in Perdiswell. Extremely eclectic assortment!

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 August, 2020, 10:35:18 »
Hi Billy...lol. I was always asking if anyone wanted a ride out when I had a Royal Enfield but didn't get anybody interested on the RE forum to come along so I had to get used to riding alone. I used to think sod this for a game of soldiers and sold the bike. Then I got a B31 and would ride it to the moon and back if I could! It's great when there's a few riding together but I don't mind riding solo anymore, go where you want and when you want.  All the best Rog1 and keep on riding. Great photos by the way.

Thanks B Murphy.

As I went out on my own last weekend, I decided on a few destinations before I left. This is the key to greater riding enjoyment; a purpose to the journey. I wanted to take photos at the three places above, plus another in Aylesbury, and I succeeded. I returned home having accomplished something, as well as having an afternoon out on the bike.

B Murphy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 August, 2020, 15:39:57 »
That 3rd photo is a great, its what you would expect to see on a post card of the 60's.

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 August, 2020, 19:10:28 »
That 3rd photo is a great, its what you would expect to see on a post card of the 60's.

That was the kind of effect I was after.