Author Topic: Overalls for little blokes....  (Read 419 times)

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Overalls for little blokes....
« on: 27 March, 2020, 19:01:15 »
I've been given a brand new boiler suit for a small chap. I would think a waist of 32" and a height of up to 5'6". So if there any reasonable sized men out there they can have them for the cost of postage. Not very often things come-up for smaller people as most shops only like to have stuff in for bloomin giants...   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Overalls for little blokes....
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2020, 19:20:14 »
Haha, most shops only like to have stuff in for bloomin' giants? Nonsense, Griffo!   Phil

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
    • The North Bucks Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2020, 15:32:30 »
Those of us who are a bit short in the leg, (about 28" in my case, on a 5'10" frame) find we need a slightly bigger size, so we can bend over far enough to pick something off the ground.

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2020, 12:37:20 »
One traditional important test for the fit of overalls is to put them on and clap your hands above your head with straight arms. If you can do this without bringing tears to your eyes then the body is long enough.
Having legs that only just reach the ground standing up I have also discovered its important to check the crutch doesn't hang too low (opposite to clap test) otherwise you can't swing your leg over the saddle and you end up with you and bike in pile on floor. DAMHIK :-[
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

Bikerdave

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 April, 2020, 10:12:31 »
Army surplus always a good place to find overalls.
From short arse to lanky lol