Author Topic: Czech Rally - will it or won't it  (Read 762 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DAVE BRADY

  • Golden Flash
  • *****
  • Posts: 656
    • View Profile
Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« on: 21 March, 2020, 13:34:00 »
Will the Czech rally still go ahead?  I know it is still a few months off but I am not holding my breath.  A pity really as it was along time coming. 

Dave.

A65ROCKET

  • Star
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2020, 19:37:43 »
I was emailing the organisers yesterday, and at the current time, the rally is STILL ON

DAVE BRADY

  • Golden Flash
  • *****
  • Posts: 656
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2020, 07:48:49 »
Hi,

With the current restrictions is it likely that the Czech Rally will go ahead?  The deadline for booking is fast approaching and I am sure that there are many hesitant about booking.  However, I would think that under the circumstances that late bookings would be acceptable.
No update in The Star so there any new information on this?

Dave.

Allan G

  • Royal Star
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #3 on: 11 May, 2020, 10:04:44 »
I for one wont be going this year, be the first one missed since the north Cal rally in 2014, had the virus not been here then it was still off the cards. We have a new born and want somewhere nice and local to the camp site to stay, the reccomended places arent that in my opinion and the best ones from booking.com etc went very quickly. Id have gone on my Own (Without the kin) and rode the bike but Im not staying in a dormitory for one and I dont believe there was much in the way of tent spaces. Im not being a snob but I prefer my own space.

Next year is willing the German rally will go ahead and we will arrive in force as a family in a newly converted van, car and trailer in force and tent or me on my Todd with the tent. But I am looking forward to that one. A trip to Czech will have to wait and do it as a non BSA event (it is a place I would have otherwise liked to have gone to)

berniej

  • Silver Star
  • ****
  • Posts: 298
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #4 on: 11 May, 2020, 10:17:48 »
We're also now unlikely to go although have already booked a place and an outbound Eurotunnel crossing. The plan was to take our motorhome with the B40 on the back but as the event will be the focus for folk travelling from all over Europe and beyond to gather the risk of infection seems to me to be too high (at the moment anyway).

Also, it's not currently clear what the rules will be for Brits crossing through EU countries by then....

Bernie

'49 M21/B31 hybrid
'56 M21 combination
Bantam D7
C15 project
B40 Super Star
A50CC project

DAVE BRADY

  • Golden Flash
  • *****
  • Posts: 656
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #5 on: 11 May, 2020, 19:47:47 »
Hi Allan and Bernie,

We had intended to go on our bikes as we missed the last Czech rally.  We had not booked by the start of travel restrictions so no worries about a refund but we will still feel like we are missing out.
I think there will still be a risk of Covid-19 infection so we are waiting for a vaccine before travelling again.

I agree about dormitories but after looking at the site on Google I did think that there was enough camping space.  It is all academic now but Sigmaringen is a very interesting town in a great part of Germany so next year will more enjoyable.   

Dave.

Allan G

  • Royal Star
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #6 on: 11 May, 2020, 22:06:35 »
I genuinely would like to have gone, but I got the impression that they werent planning for many visitors, there must be around 400 people attending a rally each year and I got the feeling that they were planning for half that.

DAVE BRADY

  • Golden Flash
  • *****
  • Posts: 656
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #7 on: 12 May, 2020, 08:04:54 »
Hi,

It could be that they did not anticipate the large numbers of recent years but the International Rally Committee are on hand to check these things out but I would be surprised if there was not a contingency for larger numbers.
Maybe if this Rally does not go ahead then Czechia could host the Summer Camp when the Inter. is in Australia in a few years.

Dave.

Allan G

  • Royal Star
  • ***
  • Posts: 185
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #8 on: 12 May, 2020, 17:12:56 »
Maybe if this Rally does not go ahead then Czechia could host the Summer Camp when the Inter. is in Australia in a few years.

This would be a great idea!!

A65ROCKET

  • Star
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #9 on: 15 May, 2020, 21:56:00 »
Hello BSA Czech rally people,
just an update on the latest situation.

At the moment, the rally is still going ahead.
The Czech club will look at the latest situation at the end of June, and then provide an update on the rally.

The rally may be limited to a maximum number of participants, and if this happens, then places will be allocated dependent upon the date when I received your booking form, I stress, this limit may be a condition of the Czech government, BUT is currently unknown.

The state of the border crossings into the Czech Republic and other countries is unknown at the moment, and quarantine periods is also unknown.
Each country will have their own set of rules.

The deadline for new bookings has been extended, but may not guarantee a place, dependant on numbers

regards
Andy Lorenz
International Rally Secretary

A65ROCKET

  • Star
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #10 on: 21 May, 2020, 21:46:07 »
Hello BSA friends,

Here is an update on the latest situation with this years BSA International rally.

At the moment, the rally is still going ahead.
The Czech club will look at the latest situation at the end of June, and then provide an update on the rally.

The Czech government has permitted events up to 300 persons, so the limit of participants will be no problem.
The borders with some "secure countries" are already open, for example with Slovakia, Poland or Austria.
The situation with corona is going up to now well, so we suppose, that the event will take place in planned term and with all participants.
At the end of June we give you a clear message about the event performance.
Each country around the Czech Republic will have their own set of rules.
The deadline for new bookings has been extended, but may not guarantee a place, dependant on numbers

regards
Andy Lorenz
International Rally Secretary

A65ROCKET

  • Star
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #11 on: 01 July, 2020, 10:40:51 »
Hello BSA Rally people,
Here is an update on the Czech rally for 2019

The rally is happening but will not held in the original place, because the campsite owner has cancelled the reservation at the hotel unilaterally.
The Czech club now has a different location not far from the original place and also near the Slapy lake.

Further information is still missing. I have now asked (together with the Dutch club) for more information from the Czech club.

-Is there enough accommodation for the non-campers?
-Are there any camping places with electricity?
-What about breakfast and other meals.
To be able to organize the rally, the Czech club has asked us to transfer the registration fees.

On one hand I expect the rally to become an experience, but there are still many uncertainties on the other.

That's why I decided not to transfer money until the location is known.
I think it will be a great adventure and that we will make it a good rally.
But I also understand if you think all of this is too uncertain and wish to cancel.
As soon as the location is announced, you will have have a moment to make your choice to attend after which we transfer the registration fees to the Czech BSA Owners Club

As the UK BSA Club, we want to make the following comments at the rally:

The IR in Czech Republic is organised by and under the responsibility of the Czech BSA owners club. The BSA-OC UK is not an organiser.
The BSA-OC UK is only involved in collecting registration fees and disseminating information commissioned by the Czech BSA owners club via the BUK rally commissioner.
The BSA-OC UK does not organise rides or events related to the Czech IR.
Participants are supposed to travel to the IR on their own responsibility.
Take precautions by bringing face masks and disinfecting gel and don't gather in crowds.
Keep your distance.
Do not go to the rally in case of illness.
Do you get sick during the rally contact a doctor asap and avoid contacting the other participants.

At the current time (Late June ),  as you are travelling from the UK, you will need a certificate of less than 14 days in age, that you have been tested negative for COVID19, this requirement may change in the future. So you have to get yourself tested (with the negative result) just before attending the rally.

As soon as I have more information I'll let you know.
 
Yours
Andy Lorenz, International Rally Secretary.

 
PS: this post was written based on information received on June 29, 2020.

DAVE BRADY

  • Golden Flash
  • *****
  • Posts: 656
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #12 on: 01 July, 2020, 13:41:35 »
Hi,

I have just looked at the Government site and it says that unless for quite specific purposes we would not be allowed in to the Czech Republic.
Quote "If you are travelling from the UK and do not have Czech Residency, you are only allowed to enter the Czech Republic for limited, specific purposes set out by the Czech Ministry of Interior. These purposes for travel include visiting family members, studying at University, or business. ~They do not include tourism from the UK. If you do not have Czech residency, you will not be allowed to enter the Czech Republic unless you can prove your visit is for one of the purposes set out by the Ministry of the Interior. If you travel to the Czech Republic without proof that your visit is for one of those purposes, you will not be allowed to leave the airport and will have to return to the UK on the next available flight."

Dave.

Just found more up to date info from Czech Gov. site confirming Andy's comments above re pre arrival test.
The UK is classed as a Red Zone country.
« Last Edit: 01 July, 2020, 14:26:46 by DAVE BRADY »

A65ROCKET

  • Star
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #13 on: 01 July, 2020, 16:05:27 »
This site shows the current travel restrictions.
You can select which country you wish to travel to, and see what are the current regulations on travel.
https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/CZE


Czech has some requirements at the current time
https://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/docDetail.aspx?docid=22260036&doctype=ART
EU citizens (citizens of Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican are regarded as EU citizens):
They can enter the Czech Republic without the need to prove the purpose of entry or to limit the duration of stay on the territory. However,
If the EU citizen stayed in the last 14 days more than 12 hours in the red zone country, after the entry to the Czech Republic he or she has the obligation to contact a respective regional hygiene station, undergo a PCR test and submit the test result to the regional hygiene station within 72 hours from the day of entry;

So, from reading this, we can travel from the UK, but when entering Czech, we will need to submit our clean test result to the local hygine station.

A65ROCKET

  • Star
  • *
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Czech Rally - will it or won't it
« Reply #14 on: 02 July, 2020, 21:03:07 »

The level of risk for those traveling to the Czech Republic has changed, the UK now no longer requires a negative COVID19 test.
https://koronavirus.mzcr.cz/en/list-of-european-countries-according-to-the-level-of-risk/

It has been confirmed that there will be food available at the rally, and the full/half-board options will still be available.
Remember that when booking in, you will have to pay the rest of your rally fee and for any food / trips, and that this payment will be in Czech Crowns, credit cards are not acceptable.

I recommend that you take an E111 medical card with you, and also look at travel insurance.