Author Topic: Missing thread???  (Read 319 times)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Missing thread???
« on: 18 January, 2020, 16:13:57 »
Where did it go?  The thread 'Recent visit to a Branch meeting' has disappeared. 
Has it been censored?  If so there needs to be an explanation please.

Dave.

berniej

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: Missing thread???
« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2020, 17:03:49 »
Agreed, I was following with interest as I thought it might stimulate a useful discussion.
There was nothing contentious in the content up to the last post that I saw.

--Bernie
'49 M21/B31 hybrid
'56 M21 combination
Bantam D7
C15 project
B40 Super Star
A50CC project

Editor

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2020, 17:55:19 »
The Administrator sent a PM to the person involved, so we should take it as being dealt with at committee level. Provided the necessary info is given by the offended party, then I'm sure it will be resolved with the Branch concerned.

Mike Farmer

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 January, 2020, 18:42:11 »
 :) :) :)

I understand the reasoning behind the removal of the item. I was about to comment so feel that it is in order for me to do so anyway.
Thus:-

Sadly the attitude to which our friend was subjected is by no means rare but I'm hopeful that within our ranks it is VERY unusual.
However this negative view of things is certainly not at all unusual and it appears to permeate all levels of our general society. It is part of the reason for our industrial decline, established management locking out new people and thus new ideas( then ignoring such ideas).
It was until recently a problem within our police forces in that there was a definite non sharing attitude. It was/is a problem in the forces whence you are encouraged to use initiative providing you do exactly what the book says.
We appear to be very good at holding a derogatory attitude which summed up means "You are after my job and I'm scared that you may well be better than me"
I could go on but it would only be repetition. So lets start to battle this attitude wherever and whenever we meet it.
I'll fire anyone that says -yes that's ok - but!!!!instant negative attitude
Soap box now back in shed for a day or two.
Still sometimes an angry young man.

Mike 8) 8) 8)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 January, 2020, 22:00:29 »
I would have appreciated it if someone had contacted admin first regarding the post removal. The post  has not been removed by admin. I will investigate further.

Rob

bikerbob

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 January, 2020, 08:42:45 »
I don't think posts like this should removed unless the info is incorrect there are lessons to be learned here for us all. I have been a national member now since 1995 but not a branch member here in the North East, sadly the branch meets on a night that I am busy elsewhere, but I do attend some of their branch camps and have always been made welcome and had some very interesting conversations with the members there. I do not camp myself as I consider myself to old now but have been assured by some of the members that you are never too old and I should give it a try as they have some great nights.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 January, 2020, 10:22:34 »
Having investigated this deleted post, it was deleted by the originator.
The item was Fake News, there was no potential member being made to feel unwelcome at a Branch meeting.
Its a pity that 1 person has to post this type of item, it not only wastes my time, its causes bad feeling across a very good forum and club.

Lets move on and continue to help and encourage prospective and current members to make good use of this Forum and the Club.

I have now locked this post.

Rob