Author Topic: Mk 1 Rocket  (Read 82 times)

Foxy

• Star
    • View Profile
Mk 1 Rocket
« on: 21 June, 2018, 15:55:32 »
Hi
I'm after advice on what value my bike would be worth,its a 1964 A65 Rocket 1 of only 1000 made,its matching frame and engine.it's been fully restored and in concourse condition.I was hoping someone on the site may be able to appraise it.

Thanks

A10 JWO

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: Mk 1 Rocket
« Reply #1 on: 21 June, 2018, 16:40:06 »
I would watch what bikes sell for on ebay, ignore the dealers adverts, they are always three to four grand more. Look in Old Bike Mart which is realistic, again ignore dealers prices.

Foxy

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June, 2018, 17:51:19 »
Thanks for your reply....agree with what you say about dealers.....my problem is I can't find another mk 1 rocket for let along a matching frame and engine and then in concourse condition so I'm kinda stuck.....any thanks again for your time to reply

A10 JWO

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June, 2018, 18:00:25 »
Keep looking over time, obviously they don't fetch the money that the Triumph cousins command. I have just spent 1000's on my rebuild, the 400 new clutch arrived today. However I won't get what I spent. BUT I did enjoy building it. Might have it buried with me one day. Good luck.

Subscribe to Old Bike Mart published by Mortons Press, a good read every month.

Foxy

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June, 2018, 22:24:42 »
yeah we certainly do some money on these bikes eh,thats a good idea about old bike mart thanks

Editor

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June, 2018, 11:03:04 »
Studying Ebay auction values achieved would be my first port of call but as you say, this model is quite rare and therefore going to be difficult to see any comparisons.
In such cases I would look at what similar models e.g 1964 A65 Star, are selling for and then load the value on the basis of rarity, desirability (is it a model someone will want?) and condition. Most of all determine what value would you be happy with.

Foxy

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 June, 2018, 15:05:35 »
Thank you,that's some very good advice

Mike Farmer

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 June, 2018, 20:07:58 »
 :)

Look at an ordinary A65 and triple the price. You can always come down.

I'm not going to see anywhere near my money back either---

Mike